Trips for Kids Denver Metro is comprised of three programs – the Ride Program, Earn-a-Bike and Youth-at-Work. Our signature program, the Ride Program offers introductory mountain biking adventures to at-risk youth that would otherwise not afford the experience. Partnering with numerous youth agencies in the Denver metro area, TFKDM provides fun-filled, daylong mountain bike outings for small groups of children aged 10 and up. The Earn-a-Bike Program takes place over the course of eight sessions and provides youth participants opportunities to learn fundamental bike maintenance/repair skills, while earning their repaired bicycle. Our newly piloted Youth-at-Work Program provides high school youth with supervised, hands-on work experience at our full service bike shop.
In addition to our youth programs, we run our own mission driven, community bike shop, Lucky Bikes Re-Cyclery. This venture allows us to connect children, youth and families to affordable bicycle solutions that keep the whole family rolling.
Building healthy, confident kids two wheels at a time!
2015 Ride Program Accomplishments:
- Organized 126 fun, safe, educational mountain biking adventures for youth.
- Provided 1,200 young people with a confidence and fitness building outdoor experience. Of these youth:
- 59% of participants were youth of color
- 68% of youth were male and 32% female
- 38% were youth participating in residential programs for abused, neglected and troubled youth.
2015 Earn-a-Bike Program accomplishments:
- 148 youth graduated with a newly acquired bicycle repair/maintenance skills, a helmet and bike lock.
- Of these youth:
- 83% of youth were youth of color
- 44% of youth were participating in a residential program for abused, neglected and troubled youth.