TFKD/B & Lucky Bikes Re-Cyclery Shop Manager
Trips for Kids Denver/Boulder (TFKD/B) is seeking a motivated, innovative, critical thinker to run the day to day operations of the Lucky Bikes Re-Cyclery (LBR). LBR is a community based, mission driven social enterprise. We are a full service bike shop that focuses on selling low cost bicycles, parts, accessories, and apparel for children, youth and adults. This person will work with the Executive Director & Program Manager on all elements of cross over between The LBR, Earn a Bike and Ride programs.
The LBR Shop Manager is part of a collaborative leadership team, which includes Executive Director, Founder, and Program Manager. The members of the team work to set and meet goals and targets respecting input from all. The overarching goal of this position is to make Lucky Bikes Re-Cyclery as welcoming, productive, and youth & family friendly as possible. The Shop Manager represents the link between customers and our service department. Being able to comfortably interact with customers is a basic expectation of all service personnel. This includes being able to respond to telephone inquiries, and customers in the store who have questions, want to buy parts, drop off a bike for service, or pick up a completed service job. When not responding to customer needs, technicians will spend the balance of their shift building or repairing bicycles, installing parts, or calling customers who have completed repairs waiting to be picked up. Service technicians must be highly skilled in the maintenance and repair of a wide variety of bicycle makes, models, and component parts. It is also an expectation that service technicians will keep current with new technology and changes in equipment design. The shop manager is an effective leader and manager, capable of working as a one man/woman show, so the ability to multi-task i.e.; fixing a service bike while talking to a customer about their dream bike, while keeping one eye on your youth volunteer who’s truing a wheel for the first time!
- Must have 2+ years of professional mechanic experience
- Must like kids and people!!
- Self-sufficient, multi-tasker
- Ability to manage the inventory process, receiving and ordering
- Ability to clearly communicate the vision of Trips for Kids Denver/Boulder & The LBR
- An understanding of retail (preferably Bike Shop experience) with a focus on delivering a high level of staff and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to create a culture that values and respects diversity, inclusion, and teamwork
- Should be a good teacher
- Strong managerial prowess and demonstrated leadership skills
- Vast skills for repairing and building bicycles
- Spanish speaking (a plus but not required)
This is a year round seasonal position, with hours based upon bike shop seasons, store hours and demands. Salary based on experience.