Pedal The Plains With Us!
September 15-17, 2017
Join “Team Lucky to Ride” as we ride together this September.
Three Days, 177 Miles, Great Fun, Great People, Great Cause!
Train with us, Ride with us, Fun-Raise and Fund-Raise With Us.
We are creating Team Lucky to Ride for this year’s Pedal The Plains, a three day supported bike tour from Kersey to Keenesburg to Brush and back to Kersey.
In joining our team, 10% of your entry fee is donated to Trips For Kids Denver Metro.
Benfits of joining our team:
- Team Training Rides every Saturday morning starting July 15
- Lucky Bikes water bottles and other cool swag
- A fun group to ride and socialize
- Opportunity to ride along with some of our youth
- Special Team-Members only sale and cookout at Lucky Bikes Re-Cyclery
- The chance to use your bicycle to make a difference for youth
- Our own TFKDM haven to hang out after the rides
- Optional Trips For Kids Denver Metro or Lucky Bikes gear at discounted rates
No Cost to Join Our Team
Just the fact that you have joined our team helps us out. We also don’t want additional costs beyond the entry fee to discourage you from being part of our team. We will ask, but not require, team members to support our organization to help us use the bicycle to make a positive difference in the lives of at-risk youth. Some ideas could include:
- Contribution to our scholarship fund to help our youth participants cover the cost of entry fees for Pedal The Plains
- Use your ride as an opportunity to fund-raise for Trips For Kids Denver Metro (ideas like asking ten people to support you with ten cents per mile towards a $177 fundraising goal)
- Bike-raise for us – conduct your own personal bike drive for Trips For Kids Denver Metro, where donated bikes and components can be used in our Earn a Bike classes or sold in our Lucky Bikes Re-Cyclery to support Trips For Kids Denver Metro
- Volunteer with our programs, events, or in the bike shop
Fund Raising Contest
We’ll have special prizes for our top fund raisers.
More than anything, you get to help us make a difference in the lives of youth. Trips for Kids Denver Metro exists to use the bicycle as a tool to enhance the lives of at-risk youth. We do this through a number of cycling oriented programs.
- Ride Program. For many youth, this is an introduction to the joy of cycling. We provide the equipment and leadership and get kids out on bikes, riding single track in the Front Range foothills.
- Earn-A-Bike. Youth meet in multiple sessions to learn cycling, safety, and maintenance skills, and upon graduation they have earned their own bicycle, lock and helmet.
- Youth@Work. Through a variety of work study and internship programs, youth have the opportunity to develop interpersonal and employment skills.
- Lucky Bikes Re-Cyclery. Lucky Bikes is our social enterprise. Serving as a community bike shop and used bicycle thrift shop, Lucky Bikes also serves as a home base for some of our programs including Youth@Work.
Give the Gift of Cycling